Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Mets

I just watched a sixteen inning Met game. Thank Ford, they won. I watched attentively until the 5th inning at which point my roomate and a friend decided to watch the most recent Star Wars movie.

I took this as my cue to venture to the liquor store where I purchased a large bottle of Vodka. I suffered one of my periodic bouts of indecision whilst standing in the aisle trying to decide between the 5 million different brands of Vodka that now stock the shelves of our great democracy. Ultimately, I went with brand recognition over boutique allure and selected Absolut -though I was tempted mightily by the appealing design of the Grey Goose bottle.

Upon returning and furnishing myself with a well appointed Cape-Codder I ventured into the TV room and immediately launched into a diatribe about how ALL the new Star Wars movies sucked and that Anniken was a complete fag -unlike his son Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill).

After the movie ended I was surprised to see that the Mets were still playing. Ultimately, they won in the 16th inning. Thank Ford our democracy can continue. Hopefully, in the future we will stop playing 16 inning games.

1 Comments:

Blogger QOS said...

for some reason this morning i picked up my copy of Brave New World when i was running out the door.
i'm taking your reference to it as a sign that i should actually read all the way through it this time.
thank ford for random people like you who inspire me to read something besides wastewater policy.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home