Saturday, February 19, 2005

Here I Sit Broken Hearted, I Came To Shit But I Only Farted.


One of the things that bothers me most is the instinctive apathy of those of us who care the most. I'm not trying to be like Richard Gere and speak for everyone here but I know that my circle of friends and select relatives are some of the most conscientous, thoughtful and utterly useless motherfuckers alive today.

I think we all came into awareness at the tail-end of the countercultural revolution -aka rock n' roll. Then, the highest state of being was to be stoned... immaculate, or something like that. A utopian bohemia still seemed possible while the last drops of lysergic acid mingled with our surging testosterone.

But now the pulverizing effects of globalization and the corporate meat grinder have poisoned the well; turned our serotonin into vinegar. Now the only acceptable feeling is nihilism.

Now the car we were so sure was going to take us to Shangri-la is making a funny noise. The transmission's all fucked up and we're almost out of gas.

Now we're paranoid, getting older, feeling like the karma police are finally catching up to us, and the fiery voice that once guided us to greatness is but a whimper; loud enough to be heard in rare moments of stillness but rarely understood.

We have succumbed to spiritual niggerization. And by that I mean we have done NOTHING, except lament our own marginalization from society and try to make jokes out of the nightmare life has become. What the fuck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home