Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I Wonder What God Told Bush About Katrina

Consider the following quote taken from the Washington Post, Fri., June 27, 2003.

Palestinian Authority Prime Minister Abu Mazen, meeting recently with militants to enlist their support for a truce with Israel, said that, when they met in Aqaba, President Bush had told him this: " God told me to strike at al Qaeda and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam [ Hussein], which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

I wonder what God told Bush about Katrina. "Be still my son, you deserve a few more days of vacation, you've been working hard doing my bidding. Besides, they're not your constituents, it doesn't really matter. And anyway you're a conservative, government is bad remember? Just focus on getting rid of Social Security and the estate tax."

Bush gets his trademark "certitude" from his belief that God is guiding his hand and therefore since he is doing God's work can never be wrong. Seems like God tells ol' George just exactly what he wants to hear. At all times. See I think if you have a voice that whispers in your ear, tells you what to do and how do it, and it's always the answer you want to hear, it might not be god talking to you...

It might be SOMEONE ELSE.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home