Monday, July 02, 2007

The Contents Of Last Night's Dream


I was in some kind of netherworld at a resort/condo complex. I never used the lap pool because I had free access to the water park. I was hitting golf balls with my brother when somehow we ended up on a different level. I was walking in a direction and eventually felt as if I was before some council being judged. It wasn't as formal as it sounds.

At some point I realized that if I passed a certain point in one direction walking away fom the council that was death.

It seemed like it had never occurred to anyone to walk in the other direction and that by doing this I could reverse the circumstances. Although everyone assured me that I would be instantly be re-born and it really wasn't a big deal, I decided to walk in the other direction. Along the way I passed a great many walking corpses on the way to the council, some of them people from my past that I remember as being "good people." I used the good people as landmarks. Eventually, I ended up on a motorboat drinking all kinds of bottles of wine and liquor.

Another guy in the boat wanted to see what was left in the bottles so I showed him. Next thing you know I'm in Nashville, TN with a friend of mine. When I realize I'm in Tennessee and I'm drunk I get real excited because I've never been to Tennessee. I decide I'm going to stay there that night instead of driving all the way home drunk as hell. I assume that I can crash at my friend's place but when I bring it up he turns on me. To my astonishment he starts flipping out on me because I drank too much of the bottle he paid for while I was on the motorboat.

His place is pretty depressing. He appears to hate me and would rather share a blanket with some girl (not very pretty but with a demeanor like his sister) and play footsies under the blanket with her than go out with me in Nashville. What I really want to do is go out in the city that night, then see Johnny Cash's house the next day. (I'm a big Johnny Cash fan.) But he won't let me stay there. The girl he is playing footsies with has a friend, some spanish/jewish looking chick and we start talking a little bit.

Then I kind of wake up. I feel weird, hurt and unresolved. Why did my friend flip out on me? Who was that chick? I really wanted to see J.C.'s house. I guess I should've just died and been re-born like everyone else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home