Friday, January 07, 2005

Photo-Recon: Brooklyn


I found this old guy sitting in this car in Brooklyn with all these weird statues on top of the car. We made eye contact and I happened to have my camera in my lap (as I often do for work purposes -I'm a peeping tom). I chuckled when I noticed that he was sitting in this ridiculous looking car. I gestured to him with my camera in a way that let him know that I was asking if I could take his picture. He graciously accepted. Unfortunately, I had only a split second to take the picture before somebody would honk at me so I didn't have time to switch to hi-resolution or compose the shot (not that I know how to do that anyway). Anyway it was a nice moment in an otherwise awful (typical) day.

Earlier in the day I had gotten into a stare-down with some other guy as I was crossing the street. He didn't even take his foot off the gas to let me get out of the way and he was headed straight at me, so instead of hustling out of there I just kept going at the same pace but fixed him with an icy glare (which believe it or not I'm capable of doing). This guy knew there was absolutely NO WAY I was going to budge even an inch. He slowed down as he passed me and cursed me out with his windows up while he gave me some good old, wild Italian arm gestures which basically translate as "What-the-fucka-yoo-dooin-yoo-fuckin-aysshole?!

I gave it right back to him and I knew I had won. I finished my perambulation across the causeway with my nose in the air. Fuck that fuckin guy! Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home