Monday, October 03, 2005

Whiskey Season

Winter's approaching, or as I like to call it, Whiskey Season. Right now we're in the middle of a blessed little Indian Summer, nevertheless I prefer to get a head start. (I tend to write more during whiskey season).

We have a groundhog here on our little farm. I see his fat ass waddling away every morning when I open the door. I've found several of his "undisclosed locations" in different areas of the yard. Based on the amount of holes, and the distance in between each one, I imagine he's got quite an elaborate little subterranean system. Everyday I'm tempted to shoot him with my pellet gun. But I kind of like the company so I don't think I will.

We had a huge party here a couple weekends ago. It was an absolute success and the buzz lasted a full week among the housemates. We had a full concert in our yard including two lasers, a fog machine, and three live bands. We had a chick asking guys to pee on her, and we had lesbians getting it on in the living room. We had three kegs and cooked just about everyone a hamburger or hot dog. (All for only $5).

Of course, after the second band the cops came. I don't blame them what we were doing was totally ridiculous. They told us if they have to come back it's an automatic $500 fine. We had a quick pow-wow among the chiefs and a unanimous "Fuck It!" was declared. The third band took the stage and absolutely killed it. Some people who came later told me they could hear it from the main street in town which is about 3/4 of a mile away.

Unsurprisingly, the cops came back. We got fined $500 but didn't despair. We simply made an announcement and asked everyone for donations. I heard someone say, "this is like the party you see in the movies that never happens."

I definitely enjoyed watching the cop storm up our driveway, push everyone out of the way and tap the guitar player (our roommate Paul) on the shoulder to get his attention. He just thought it was someone saying "way to go man" and kept on playing for a few seconds. Finally he looked up and that was that.

When we realized that we had collected enough dough to cover our fine (special thanks to the pee-chick for donating about $200) I told some guy and he said, "that's awesome, you totally just shat on them!"

The next day a hawk came and perched on a tree limb in our yard for a few minutes. That had not happened before and hasn't happened since. It felt distinctly like a message.

We drank the dregs of the last keg for two more days, keeping it on ice constantly and feeling warm, sharp, and bad as hell.

If you want to know more about the lesbians you'll just have to come to our next party.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home