Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Confession

Don't be fooled by the title. It's only a tip of the hat to my previous post detailing the origins of my distrust of the Catholic Church. What I really want to confess is my deepest, darkest, most abiding pre-occupation for the last decade (give or take). It's not sex -to be honest- it's not baseball or money or some piss-ant career. It's not even music or my own happiness or lack thereof. It's politics.

Why Am I telling you this? Who gives a fuck?

Probably because I'm drunk, bored, and restless. They keep showing Syriana and Munich on TV and it's driving me crazy. It drives me crazy because it feeds me like the slow drip of an IV into the arm of a comatose patient, keeping me alive yet completely apathetic. "It" is like an expensive pair of shades on an overcast day. A luxury.

Like a squirrel, I go hunting for chestnuts and store them away whenever I find them. Whenever I find something that bolsters my vague, hip, neo-paranoia I give myself a gold star.

I guess because it boggles my mind. It just boggles my mind to no end how the most powerful nation on the planet could be taken over by a bunch of imbeciles and no one really seems to object. I shouldn't say no one. Certainly I object and so do most of my friends. But nobody gives a shit what we think.

What can I do about it? Nothing really. Writing these posts is like carving wooden ducks or something. A hobby. I'll just keep drinking Woodford's and hating hypocrisy -except my own, which I am completely oblivious to and if you point it out your a fuckin' asshole. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

I've been fantasizing about coming to live on your compound, drinking woodford's daily and making an album with you.

Don Goyo

1:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's "you're", not "your".

- Yo cousin (Laf)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home