Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Dark Side Of Chimps




Watching National Geographic Explorer I came across a show about a chimp who goes around "terrorizing", killing and eating children in Uganda. His name is, "Saddam."

According to the show chimps, (like Americans), "are xenophobic, aggressive and violent predators, even towards their own kind, killing not only for meat, but over territory and power."

Per my usual Friday night routine I got drunk by myself and watched TV. As is usually the case the more the wine loosens up my capillaries the more perceptive I become. After awhile I stop being offended by the aesthetic assault that is channel surfing and I start to become fascinated.

It seems like nearly every program is dialed in to the same agenda.

Watch a half hour of cable news and you get the microcosm, the menu if you will. Your choices are: celebrity scandal, serial killers, security, corporate mergers, a little war and oh-by-the-way have you checked up on your child whose probably missing and being savagely raped by an escaped Texas convict as we speak?

Wherever possible a dash of subtle racism or an abortion controversy is a fabulous garnish to the usual diet.

That's why I loved "The Dark Side Of Chimps." It was so sensationalistic, so tabloid, so New York Post. It had so many of the ingredients you just can't live without.

There's no use explaining how hilariously the narration of this show encompassed nearly all of the themes of our times unless you've seen it, let's just say -it, and the whole thing, were born to be parodied.

Click title for the real story.

Anyway, the whole the thing is, as Marilyn Manson called it "a campaign of fear and consumption."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home