Monday, October 17, 2005

When The Lights Go Down In The City

I just saw the uncut version of the New Orleans beat-down on Crooksandliars.com (see my links I just added it). This is the first time I've really seen all of it, with the sound. I hate the way they (CNN etc...) either don't play the sound, or don't really play the whole thing even though they say it's unedited.

Anyway, how'd you like to get the shit kicked out of you by a bunch of cops in the middle of the street while some cover band plays "When The Lights Go Down In The City" by Journey? Because that's what happened. Also, you can hear a passerby ask the cameraman if he got it on tape and then say, "he surrendered, then they punched him in the back of the head and that's when he started fighting."

My opinion: 1. The guy was fucked up on something. 2. As someone who's been handcuffed more than a few times I know firsthand there's a way to avoid getting fisted by the Finest, simply let go and don't resist at all when they cuff you. 3. The guy got more than he deserved. 4. I like the original version of "When The Lights Go Down In The City" better than the cover, and that's not saying much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home