Monday, August 27, 2007

I Am A Capitalist Pig



I just bought this new car. I do not live in the neighborhood where this picture was taken however. I'm still keeping it real in that department. There is a certain undeniable rightness, a sensation of lukewarm pleasure that one finds oneself bathing in unabashedly as you drive down the smoothly paved asphalt streets, past the perfectly manicured lawns, cornering smartly as you exit one subdivision and enter the next. It's kind of like when someone gives you an extra percocet and you remember on Sunday that it's still in your pocket from the night before and you pop it, lying on the couch watching football, exulting in the mild euphoria and convenience of life in America when it works.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel compelled to show you a pic of my car in southern germany. notice the castle in the background.

http://images.kodakgallery.com/photos1646/3/97/92/86/31/9/931869297305_0_ALB.jpg

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home