Wednesday, November 03, 2004

They Did It Again



"It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything." - Josef Stalin

Anyway, as I put on the blog I had a distinctly bad vibe from the whole process of voting. I just don't trust those machines. I commented today how the pundits were so proud there weren't many problems voting this time. I'm not concerned about that. I'm concerned about the counting of votes. What good are all those attorneys watching polls if you can't verify your vote? All exit polls indicated a strong Kerry lead. I hope somebody makes a stink about these fucking machines! I'd like to see a map contrasting swingstate districts that didn't have the machines and 2000 and those that did in 2004. Anyway, I'm giving myself a few days media holiday to recup. I just don't feel like arguing right now.

Think about this. In 2006 there are midterm elections. They only need 5 more senate seats before they have enough guaranteed votes to change the constitution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home