Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Nothing's Shocking

I was listening to NPR the other day, gliding down one of the smooth macadam routes of New Jersey back country in my new car. The air conditioning was blowing pleasantly in my face and my ass was readily accustomizing itself to the leather contours of the vehicle's interior while outside, a stifling humidity and heat waited.

Terri Gross was interviewing Alice Cooper. Listening to it, I guess you could say my ass was like Alice Cooper and Terri Gross was the humidity. Alice was lamenting how it's impossible to shock people nowadays (which probably explains why he was on "Fresh Air with Terri Gross" promoting his new book, "Golf Monster", as opposed to getting his head cut off onstage in Milwaukee.

Anyway, it occurred to me that yes, it's impossible to shock people in a provocative sense. Short of a terrorist attack or an assassination almost nothing can offend the senses of our masses anymore. You could of course wipe your ass with the bible and feed the pages to your audience but I don't think that would really take off in a popular sense.

The only way to shock people anymore is to be good. If you truly express your art with uncompromising diligence and style, you will shock people. They will remember that it's not all about has-been celebrities demeaning themselves on reality shows and so forth.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Little do you know, today marks three years of breakfast with Bozo. This means nothing but I thought I'd commemorate the day by mentioning three of my favorite posts:
1. "Blockbuster Employee on His Day Off" (Sept. 2004)- I still go back to this post to copy and send it to people.
2. "Hav-A-Tampa/The Law" (Feb. 2005)- Where do I buy the book?
3. "Bitches" (Feb. 2005)- This post makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your bozosbreakfast.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your bozosbreakfast.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home